How would it feel if you could share with your fellow citizens your experiences from life in the city? To be able to signify the beautiful things: Small secrets, beautiful routes? But to be able to point out the flaws as well: dangerous roads, places inaccessible for disabled people, broken traffic lights or puddles? And even more:
What it is
- The municipality that makes use of City-R-US creates “missions”. The missions can be about sharing something beautiful (little secrets, beautiful routes) or to bring up an issue (dangerous roads for bicycles, inaccessible spots for the disabled, traffic lights out of order, or puddles)
- Citizens can participate in any mission they choose with their smartphones: They record the route or the spot and they share it using their name or anonymously.
- All the data shared by the citizens are collected in a map, accessible by everyone, from the computer or the smartphone. With a searching ability so that everyone can find what they are interested in. So in practice everyone benefits.
- The Municipality analyzes the data provided in order to intervene anywhere that is required, and to redesign its services towards citizens.
Who is it for
- Municipalities that want to become better, reclaiming the contribution of their citizens
- to all of us that want to make our town better
How you can participate
The first version of the application is ready.
You can participate in the missions by recording with your smartphone or tablet:
- Cafe/Bars accessible by people with disabilities: Places where people with physical disabilities can enjoy their coffee or drink without having trouble moving around.
- Routes accessible by people who use a wheelchair: Routes where people who use wheelchairs can enjoy a stroll without obstacles while moving around.
- Beautiful routes for walking: where do you like to go for a walk?
- Beautiful routes for running: where do you like to go for a run?
Download it on your smartphone/tablet from here and… help everybody find the beautiful spots of your city.
If you want to view the routes and the spots which have already been recorded you can have a look at this public map which is available to all by clicking here.
City-R-Us is an application which:
- Adapts to everybody’s needs.
- Is a suggested way of communicating.
We prepared promotional material for The Municipality of Athens, so that the application will start to be in use, setting an example for other municipalities.
During the pilot phase we have informed more than 30 organisations and running/walking groups about the application’s function. We have already prepared the first pilot records that appear in the public map of the application which is available to all here.
Furthermore, we came in touch with the prosvasis team, which helps people with physical disabilities by creating maps and presenting them at Prosvasis.co platform.
You can see the City-R-Us video by pressing here.
Let's make out city better, together! How? Just download City-R-Us app on your phone or your tablet, it's free! Click here for Android phone and here for iPhone.