In the frame of the 2nd SciFY Academy SciFY is co-organizing the collocuium Innovating for Privacy with ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ, Oikomedia, and INNOVATHENS, on Friday 3rd of April (17:00-21:00) and on Saturday 4rth of April (11:00-17:00).
We invite you to discuss privacy issues, private data security and the solutions provided by open software. At the collocuium will participate activists, businessmen, data security experts, developers and open software executives from Greece and internationally as well, with the purpose to present all aspects of the issue, the constructive synthesis of views and the promotion of innovation and enterpreneurship chances that arise.
On Friday there will be made presentations and speeches from prominent international speakers, while on Saturday a discussion will take place, with the purpose to present all aspects of the issue, as well as workshops to demonstrate good practices, technologies and approaches for data security, for journalists, developers and individuals in general.
Necessary Participation form: here
More information: here
*All presentations will be made in English.
|1st Day: Friday 03/04, 17:00-21:00
||1st Session: Privacy and Data Ownership, present and future in a Big Data world
||2nd Session: Privacy and Data Ownership, Best Practices and Technology Enablers.
||Drinks & Informal Discussion
|2nd Day: Saturday 04/04, 11:00-17:00
||Discussion Panel, Innovating for Privacy: Issues, Opportunities & Conclusions
||Workshop 1: How to contribute in Ind.ie
||Workshop 2: Information Security for Journalists
||Workshop 3: CryptoParty Berlin/Mozilla workshop
||Workshop 4: Building secure communication applications with Secure instant Messaging Protocols: XMPP, OTR, and latest developments.
You will find the analytical programme in english here.
The following issues will be discussed:
- Should we as civilians be concerned about the degree of data logging and mining with or without our consession? Are we satisfied today with the degree of transparency in widly used services and what are the dangers?
- How can the individuals be more concerned about the privacy issues that arise? Privacy, data protection and security concern only journalists and activists or all of us?
- What does data ownership mean in the time of cosial networks? Do we have the true control of the data we produce in closed platforms?
- What can Open and Free software do about it? Is it alone a sufficient solution or do we need additional sensitivity, additional tools and new business models;
- Are there any other enterpreneurship chances in the area other than the data mining/advertising business model, especially concerning the services we use as simple users?
- Are there any viable busines models that can support data security servises with transparent procedures and security?
- Which technologies and structures are already in use today that are available as structural element for communication solution synthesis that is safe and respects our privacy?